Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday casual


It’s finally here, the all mighty Friday that we all were looking for several day now. And because this very expected day need to be welcomed in style, a managed to tepid a casual, like this day, outfit that include a very dear to me piece of clothing, the denim vest!

Since I was 12 and my all rock and roll brother started to wear a denim metal, ACDC inscription vest, I made a pact that the denim vest will always be a part of my wardrobe. And there you have it, since I can remember, the vest fitted perfectly with my clothes and my personality, as long as it was made from denim.

Fashion advice of the day!

Its Friday, you should were a denim vest! I did. J

To still be ok for work, I matched with a shirt that has a bow and short pants. I’m allowed to wear pants like this at the office, but if for you the short part is a problem you can add some skinny jeans or a jeans skirt.



I still were the boots, from yesterday’s post, but this nice weather also allows you to were studded ballet flats, any color you choose.

For denim vest inspiration:



And some tips & tricks for rocking a denim vest:

  • Choose a size.

From oversized to shrunken and every silhouette in between, there is an option to complement every body type and personal style.
What to pick first? Try a mid-length vest with a relaxed fit. This cut is universally flattering and can be worked into a wardrobe or outfit with ease.

  • Watch the proportions.

Roomier vests look great when paired with slimmer, arm-bearing tops or short tiered dresses, while shrunken styles pair nicely with free-flowing blouses and fitted bottoms. In any case, it’s about creating an outfit that’s mixed and matched in terms of form and figure: play up your opposites and you’ll be good to go!

  •  Pick a color.

The trendiest hue of the season? A faded, sun-kissed light blue that looks great with just about every other color, especially darker denim shades.

  • Good for the fall.

Just about any vest makes a great layering piece, and this trendy style is no exception. In upcoming seasons, your vest will make an adorable topper to long sleeve shirts or 3/4-sleeve dresses.


That's all folks. J

Offer happiness, receive kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment